I have a great love for gingerbread and gingerbread flavours, so what a better vehicle for this than granola. Another bonus when you make this, is that the house smells amazing. I hope you all love it as much as I do. Please use the recipe and change it to the flavours that you enjoy, this is a great base for any flavours.
3 cups rolled oats
250g pecans, almonds, walnuts (whatever nuts takes your fancy)
1/2 cup pepitas and sunflower seeds
I teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
pinch of salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Line two large cookie trays with baking paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together to combine.
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a jug and lightly stir together
- Tip the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix really well with a spatula or a knife
- Once all incorporated, spread out onto the lined cookie sheets in a single layer. Place into the oven for 12 minutes, check regularly to see if the mixture is getting too brown. Give it a stir after the 12 minutes and place back into the oven for roughly 3 more minutes.
- Once cooked and looking gorgeously brown, take out of the oven and leave to cool completely.
TIP ( Spray the measuring cups lightly with oil to measure the golden and maple syrups, this will ensure it comes out cleanly)