A weekend favourite in our house
2/3 cup spelt flour
2/3 cup brown rice flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons panella sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
dash of pink food colouring
1 cup buttermilk
- Measure into a large bowl the flours, baking powder and cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the sugar.
- In seperate jug, measure in the buttermilk, vanilla, pink food colour and eggs. Mix together with a whisk until combined. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Heat a large no stick fry pan – I use a crepe pan. Spray with a little non stick cooking spray. Measure in 1/3 cup measure of batter into the pan and cook until the bubbles that appear on the surface of pancake start to pop. Turn the pancake over and cook for a few more minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm. You may need to respray the pan if the mixture is starting to stick.
- Continue to cook all the pancakes until all the mixture is gone.
- Serve with whatever toppings you desire.