225g Room temperature butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoonS tangelo zest
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups white spelt flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 170c
2. Grease a loaf tin with some butter and line with baking paper
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract and zest, mix well.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, incorporate well after. Add in the sour cream, mix until combined.
5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add in the sifted dry ingredients with the mixer on low until just combined.
6. Pour the mix into the cake tin and level the top. Tap the cake tin on the bench lightly to ensure any air bubbles are removed. Place into the oven and bake for 55 – 60 minutes. Check with a cake skewer or tooth pick, if it comes out clean then its cooked.
7. Cool in the tin for around 15 minutes. Turn onto a cake rack to cool completely before icing.