POTATO AND CHEESE CROQUETTES
With all that is going on in the world at the moment, cooking gives me a sense of calm and control. It makes me feel like I am contributing to the universe in some very small way. I have been making dinners that are quick, tasty and comforting. Potato no matter in what form always makes people smile, nothing like a carbohydrate hug on the inside.
Give these a go, they can be made in bulk and frozen ready for another night we you can’t be bothered preparing anything. Serve them with a side salad, steamed or roasted vegetables and a little bowl of your favourite Aioli or Sauce.
500g mashing potatoes, peeled and diced
100g of your favourite cheese, I used cheddar – grated
1 tablespoon chopped dill or dried dill
1 tablespoon parsley
dash of cayenne chilli
salt and pepper
Panchetta, chorizo or bacon can be chopped up and added in too if you like
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
oil for shallow frying
1. Put the diced potatoes into a saucepan of cold water. Boil for 20-25 mins or until when you press a fork into the potato it is soft.
2. Drain the potatoes and add back into the saucepan and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
3. Add into the saucepan the rest of the ingredients and mix really well until combined. Shape into golf ball sizes and refrigerate for an hour until they have firmed up.
4. Place the breadcrumbs into a large dish, toss the croquettes in the mix until coated and set aside.
5. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat. Cook croquettes in batches, turning for 5 minutes until they are golden. Using a slotted spoon or tongs transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
Hopefully you love them as much as my family does. Let me know if you give this a go.
Sending love and lots of 1.5m apart hugs x