A quick and easy recipe for the kids to try in the kitchen. Also a great lunch box idea for the whole family. It can be tailor made for every person, possibilities are endless. Let your favourite flavours shine.
The recipe is for 2 spicy tuna sushi rolls
You can make this into as many sushi rolls you need for your family. Just increase the quantities that you require. This recipe is also great for kids birthday parties.
- 2 slices of sandwich bread of your choice, I used soy and linseed as that is what I had on hand.
- kewpie mayonnaise
- cucumber cut into match sticks
- 90g tuna in springwater (drained) – you can use prawns or chicken also
- dash of cayenne pepper
- rolling pin and a sharp knife
- Place the bread onto a chopping board and cut the crusts off the slices. Roll each slice out thinly, careful not to bread the bread as you roll.
- Place the drained tuna into a large mixing bowl with a squeeze of Kewpie Mayo and a dash of cayenne pepper. Mix all together and have a little taste to check the spice ratio.
- Spread onto the bread leaving a small gap at either end to roll up neatly when ready.
- Place a few cucumber strips into the centre of the bread and roll up carefully until you have a cylinder shape.
- Slice into sushi rounds with a sharp knife and place onto a plate or in a container.