You will need the following ingredients:
- 500g Kent or butternut pumpkin, chopped into small chunks,
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion or 1 leek, diced
- 30g butter
- 1’litre of vegetable of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan with a dash of olive oil.
- Add in your onion or leeks and sweat down.
- Add in your pumpkin and potato and stir to combine. Cover and let simmer gently for around 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- After the 10 mins are up, add in the curry powder and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and leave for around 30 minutes or until the vegetables are lovely and soft.
- Add in a teaspoon of salt and pepper and blend with a stick blender until lovely and smooth.
- If you are serving straight away a drizzle of creme fraiche or if you’re feeling really decadent – some cream and chives.
Happy Cooking 🍴