Such a versatile recipe – is wonderful on your porridge in the morning, as a snack with Greek yoghurt and nuts and even as a dessert with ice cream
Zest of an orange
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the leaves off the steam of the rhubarb so you have just the red parts of the plant,
- Rinse the rhubarb and shake off the excess water
- Cut the stems into 5cm pieces place into a bowl and sprinkle the sugar over the top. Toss together
- Place the rhubarb onto a tray lined with baking paper place the lemon zest on the top and cover with foil.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes take the foil off and roast uncovered for 5 minutes more, or until the rhubarb is tender and juicy .