I’m not going to lie and tell you that I don’t dream about a yummy bowl of asian takeaway noodles with lots of sauce and loads of calories.
This was the issue yesterday, it was getting close to lunch time and I was wandering around the supermarket trying to not buy the whole chocolate aisle. You know what they always say, don’t shop on an empty stomach – ALWAYS DANGEROUS!
I fought the inner snack demons and decided to make a quick and delicious noodle stir fry at home.
The one thing I can’t stress enough is to be successful in creating a quick and delicious meal you need to have a few staples in the pantry – I will cover this in more detail in another post, but for this recipe all you need is a few key ingredients and you’re on your way to a yummy meal.
This recipe serves 1 – just increase the quantity
This stir fry has 7 magic ingredients:
- Ramen noodles
- frozen mixed vegetables
- oyster sauce
- 1 beaten egg
- Boil your kettle, place the handful of ramen noodles into a bowl, let sit for 3 minutes until softened. Drain and rinse under cold water set aside.
- Heat the wok and place a small amount of oil in the bottom. Add in you garlic, chilli and ginger stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in your mixed vegetables and stir fry until warmed through I added a little water as the broccoli was still a little tender. Add in your noodles and the oyster sauce and toss all together to coat.
- Add in the beaten egg and mix together well.
- Serve in your most favourite bowl and eat in a comfortable spot that makes you happy