I have had a few dreams of the past few nights about making a chocolate cake, well the chocolate cake didn’t happen as I discovered this morning that we had run out of biscuits. This is a small dilemma as my husband has a terrible sweet tooth and is always looking for something after dinner. I am very happy with the result – I will tick the success box with this recipe, a new family favourite. Thank you also to Gordon Ramsey for the inspiration.
Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies
220g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
125g softened butter
185g brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
raspberry or strawberry jam to dollop onto of cookies
PREHEAT OVEN TO 180C
1. Cream, butter, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and mix until fluffy. Add in the flour, baking soda and milk, mix to combine.
3. Roll into balls and place onto greased trays – put a small indentation into the top of the cookie dough and place a dollop of jam in the centre.
4. Place into the oven for 12 minutes.
5. Let cool on a baking rack
Enjoy with a cup of tea or a coffee
One Comment Add yours
Love the peanut butter and jelly combination!