These bad boys are world famous, or at least world famous in our family. They also cure many ills, cure a broken heart and make lots of people smile.
So I though I would share the love with you all.
- 1 bag chocolate chips bits – can be white, dark, milk or a mix of all three
- 125g butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
1. Preheat oven to 180c or 350F
2. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. This is usually around 6 minutes.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until pale and fluffy and combined
4. Place in the chocolate chips and flour and mix on a low speed until just combined
5. Line 2 trays with baking paper, place walnut sized scoops of dough onto the trays. Each tray should take 12
6. Place into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
7. Cool on a wire rack.
NOTE: if you would like to make them chocolate, Chocolate chip cookies, take out 2 tablespoons of the flour and place in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.